Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Shining in the Darkness #2


     More grinding along.  I did manage to get a bit further, this time getting all the pieces of light arms together and saving the princess.  I remember the first time I played, I figured the final end boss fight would result in saving the princess, but that's not the case.

     A bit about the "dungeon proper", like I said, it's the 4 levels above the main ground floor.  Each one graphically looks about the same as the others only with a different color scheme, with the exception being level 5.

The one on the left is level 5
     A few things take place outside before you actually go into the upper levels.  First, you're told that one of the kings lackeys has not only disappeared, but the he actually was Dark Sol in disguise.  Second, Dark Sol actually shows up twice, once to tell the king that he's in deep shit, and again in the tavern to try and get you to join him.


     Third, the parents of the 2 adventurers that join you in the earlier part of the game, Pyra and Milo, show up at the tavern to yell at their offspring for doing such a dangerous and stupid thing.  In fact, Pyra's mother is so angry that she literally beats her ass.

The good old days.
     Despite the rage, they end up letting your party stay with you since the game would become otherwise unplayable.

     Back to the dungeon, I had managed to grind through level 4 enough that all my guys are in the mid 40s in terms of level strength.  I did not really find anything else of note besides the Light Blade and the princess stuff.
     The princess stuff - yeah, I did find her.  She was locked up in a cell and told me that she had in fact been locked up by my dad, who evidently went apeshit and is now working for Dark Sol.


     So not only does he now work for the bad guys, but I also have to fight him in order to get the key that opens the cell door.  She also lets me know that he's just around the corner.
     I head over, and sure enough, there he is.  I honestly thought the fight would be tougher than it actually was, but I managed to beat him pretty easily.  Afterwards he tells you that he was given a Darksword, and that it drained his soul and turned him into a serious asshole.


     So I killed my dad.  On the bright side though, I did get the cell key, saved the princess, and also managed to obtain the Light Shield, which was locked in a cell back in level 3.


     Beyond this, I have been grinding level 5.  I did manage to grind enough that I found the Light Armor, and now have all the pieces of Light Arms.  I also found a colored fountain, which did nothing upon finding it.  However, when I got back to town after this, the Princess and the others in the kings room gave me a vial of the princess' tears, and that I should go and use it with some water spirit.  I'm guessing that's what the glowing fountain was about.

     So that's where I am now.  Use the tears on the fountain, then find and kill Dark Sol.


HuckleCat

No comments:

Post a Comment